Lokomotiv Moscow's new arrival Ilya Berkovskiy has given an interview at the team's training camp in Marbella. The player opened up on his targets ahead of the season remainder.
– How is it to rise from a National Football League player into a Premier League player?
– There's a big difference, I'm getting used to it. The speeds are different, the intensity, the thinking, everything is faster. The levels are very high.
– What Lokomotiv player is standout for you? Who did you like from the outset, who impressed you in training?
– I liked the whole team. I watched them a lot, went to their Champions League games. I knew there were high-level players at this club. I made sure of that at the training camp. I think I can learn a lot from them.
– Who is your role model in football?
– Kevin De Bruyne.
– What is your target for the season's remainder?
– To prove myself at the training camp and finally join the team on matchdays. I think there's much work ahead. My goal is to make my first appearance in the Lokomotiv shirt.
– Do you think it's possible with this sort of competition?
– It depends on how hard I work. If I do everything the coach asks from me, everything will be fine.